When I was running a Traveller game last year, I was thrilled to find a post on the Tales to Astound! blog by Chris Kubasik (link on the sidebar). He had created these little index cards with all the info for a single weapon on them. The idea being that you could print them out and give them to your players, one card per weapon type. Brilliance!
But I noticed a couple of discrepancies in the stats. After all, there were a lot of numbers to transfer. Unfortunately, Chris only had a PDF version, and although I bought a program that is supposed to let me edit PDFs, I can’t get it to work. So I ended up creating my own cards using LibreOffice. The resulting spreadsheet should be editable in most programs including Excel and Google. I also created a new PDF version for ease of use.
And now I’m sharing. Hopefully there are some gamers out there who might like these handy cards. If you catch any mistakes, or have any questions, please let me know. If you make your own variant, I’d love to see it!
Here are the links:
And here are my notes:
– THIS IS A MODIFIED VERSION OF CARDS POSTED ON THE TALES TO ASTOUND! BLOG BY CHRIS KUBASIK
– USED CLASSIC TRAVELLER 1981+
– ONLY ONE CARD PER WEAPON; I CAN PRINT MORE SHEETS AS NECESSARY
– USED OFFICIAL ERRATA TO CORRECT DISCREPANCIES
– ADDED SNUB PISTOL, BECAUSE IT’S THE STANDARD SHIPBOARD FIREARM
– ADDED CARDS FOR VARGR INFIGHTING & ASLAN DEWCLAW BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE 2 MOST COMMON PC ALIENS
– I USED BRAWLING’S STRENGTH EFFECTS FOR INFIGHTING AND DEWCLAW
– I’VE MODIFIED THE VARGR’S TARGET NUMBERS TO REFLECT HIS +2 DM WHEN INFIGHTING
– LEFT OUT THE ANIMAL WEAPON CARDS, AND MOST OF THE PRIMITIVE WEAPONS
– OF COURSE, THIS IS FOR THE TRAVELLER GAME BY MARC MILLER, OWNED BY FFE
– AND MY NAME IS SHELBY MICHLIN, I’LL BE USING THESE CARDS IN MY TRAVELLER GAMES